The Institute for Information Technology and Culture
The Institute for Information Technology and Culture conducts research and provides solutions for the effective use of information technology in businesses and public agencies. Responding to industry statements that most IT projects do not live up to their initial expectations, and that the reasons for these shortfalls are cultural, we have developed tools and methods to address these cultural challenges. We have worked with the automotive industry, the aerospace industry, and IT industries in five distinct areas:
- Culture, access, and equity in the technological world,
- The cultural challenges to e-learning,
- The role of information technology in promoting safety and security,
- Medical informatics and improving healthcare, and
- Using of technology for improved organizational performance and learning.
Our projects in these areas have resulted in improved productivity and effectiveness for more than twenty corporations and state and federal agencies.